How about another delicious crockpot meal???
Well hold on to your hats folks because this recipe will knock you off your feet. When Natalie sent it to me, I knew immediately I just had to make it. The only thing I added was a little more protein. So if your looking for something to warm your soul, I have the meal for you!
Butternut Squash, Kale and Sausage Minestrone
adapted from The Sweets Life
– 3 celery stalks, finely chopped
– 3 carrots, peeled & chopped
– 1 white onion, diced
– 1 bay leaf, dried
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 tsp dried rosemary
– 32 oz chicken broth
– 1 can diced tomatoes
– 1 can white beans
– 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into small pieces
– 1 bunch of kale, washed and chopped
– 1 cup small pasta (macaroni or ditalini)
– 4 chicken sausages (I used an Italian sausages)
– Fresh ground pepper
– Parmesan cheese (for topping)
1. Combine all ingredients except kale and pasta in the bowl of a crockpot. Cover and cook on low, 6-8 hours.
2. Twenty minutes before eating, add the kale to the crockpot and cover again. Ten minutes before eating, add the pasta. Just before serving, remove bay leaf.
3. Ladle soup into bowls and top with Parmesan cheese.
The perfect fall dinner!