As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I received a chance to make a delicious menu featuring New Belgium Brewing Company!
I love New Belgium’s Fat Tire and decide to add to my "Surf ‘n’ Turf" Tacos!
Beer always makes steaks juicer and full of lots of flavor!
No beer was added to the fish, just Mahi Mahi with salt, pepper, olive oil, and fresh lemons.
Fat Tire Surf ‘N’ Turf Tacos
- 1 small head napa cabbage, chopped
- Juice of 6 limes (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups greek yogurt
- Sixteen 6-inch corn tortillas
- 3/4 bottle of a New Belgium Brewing Company Fat Tire Beer
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound trimmed flank steak, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 pound mahi mahi fillets
- 1 cup home made (or store bought) guacamole, plus more for serving
- One 16-ounce jar salsa, for serving
In a large zip lock bag, mix the garlic powder, paprika, cumin, chili powder, beer and 2 teaspoons salt. Add the steak, tossing to coat. Let sit in fridge for at least 3- 4 hours.
In a large bowl, toss the cabbage with half of the lime juice. In a small bowl, whisk together the greek yogurt and remaining lime juice. Cover and refrigerate.
Preheat the oven to 250°. Spread the tortillas on a baking sheet, cover with foil and warm in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Throw the steak and fish(in a foil pouch) on the grill for 5-6 minutes on each side. Cook steak to desired tenderness.
- Lay the tortillas on a work surface. Spread 1 tablespoon guacamole on each, then top with some of the cabbage. Divide the meat among 8 tortillas and the fish among 8 tortillas. Fold to form tacos. Serve with more guacamole and cabbage, the lime-sour cream and the salsa.
Melt in your mouth delicious!
Thank you New Belgium Brewing Company and Foodbuzz!!!