I made these last week and accidently deleted all the beautiful photos off my camera. I have this one from my iPhone, but it doesn’t do them justice 😉
They lasted about 2.5 seconds at work so I think you all should make them!
Dark Chocolate Cherry Cookies
Adapted from Cooking Light
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup no sugar added dried cherries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 ounces dark chocolate chips
- Cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours and next 3 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl.
- 3. Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat; add brown sugar, stirring until smooth. Add sugar mixture to flour mixture; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add cherries, vanilla, and egg; beat until combined. Fold in chocolate.
- 4. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes. Cool on pans 3 minutes or until almost firm. Remove cookies from pans; cool on wire rack.
- P.S. I almost done with my 1/2 IM training plan post, can’t wait to show it to you all!