Last week while Hubby was gone I spent some time baking 🙂 I had been eyeing these Kashi Muffins in my Health Magazine and I just couldn’t wait any longer to make them. They came out beautifully!!!
Hearty Banana Muffins (my version)
Makes 12 muffins
- 2-½ cups Kashi® Heart to Heart® Honey Toasted Oat cereal, crushed*
- 1-¼ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup evaporated cane juice crystals
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup mashed organic bananas (about 3 medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup organic almond milk (or plain organic soy milk)
- 2 organic (I used regular) egg whites (or equivalent egg substitute)
- ⅓ cup expeller-pressed canola oil ( I used apple sauce)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the first five ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Add liquid mixture to dry mixture and stir until just combined.
- Spoon batter evenly into lightly oiled muffin tins. For garnish, place three hearts from the Kashi® Heart to Heart® Honey Toasted Oat cereal on top of each muffin. (forgot to do this 🙁 )
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the centers of the muffins comes out clean, or about 20 minutes. Let cool and serve warm or at room temperature.
My 20 mile ride ROCKED!!! Pictures from our ride…
My Iron Girl Inspiration!
I have fun news coming up at lunch…stay tuned.
P.S. Winner of the Coaches’ Oats will be announced at lunch too 😉