Guess what’s back? Our outdoor grill oh and me of course ;) MISSED YOU ALL!
It still needs a good washing, but I just had to get back out there and fire it UP!
I my outdoor kitchen.
My favorite wine is back too, because I only drink white wine in the summer.
Having friends over to grill out is always more fun. Especially pretty ones 😉
Hubby requested bacon burgers, he says bacon makes everything better & it’s better when it’s from Trader Joes.
Bacon on the grill? Yes please.
Salmon burgers for me.
Cheddar for Hubby.
I added a bit of GOAT cheese.
I wish you all could taste how good this burger is.
Salmon Avocado Burger on a fresh baked whole wheat bun is my kind of REAL FOOD.
Yep, I made these babies. You can too!
Homemade Whole Wheat Buns
Makes 6-8 servings, and can be frozen and reheated.
- 1 cup milk
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast or bread machine yeast
- 1 beaten egg white
- Sesame seed or poppy seed
1. Add the first 7 ingredients to a 1-1/2- or 2-pound bread machine according to manufacturer’s directions. Select dough cycle. When cycle is complete, remove dough from machine. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
2. Divide into 6 balls. Make into fun bun shapes. Place on greased baking sheets, 4 inches apart. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double (about 30 minutes). Brush tops with egg whites; sprinkle with sesame seed or poppy seed.
3. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until done. Cool on a wire rack. Makes 6 buns.
Can we say Hubby is happy to have his "buns" back.
So was the rest of the crowd!
Question: Do you have an outdoor grill? How much do you use it?
P.S. Still working on the new design for the bloggy, but I just had to get back!