“Great results cannot be achieved at once; and we must be satisfied to advance in life as we walk/run, step by step.”
(shoe on the left started training in, shoe on the right I am finishing training in we’ll call them Jack and Jill)
As I looked at my Garmin this morning I just came to see that I have run over 500+miles sense the beginning of this marathon training. What an accomplishment, and all it took was a good pair of running shoes (not really) but they did help.
I have never really splurged on any running apparel until this marathon training. I always settled for a cheap sports bra,shorts, and an old t-shirt to get me through. I maybe spent sixty dollars on some running shoes, but nothing near a hundred, until now.
There are a few things that I believe have made me a better runner.
1. A runny buddy, who teaches me sooo much and I love that I have her lean on for any running advice!
2. A good pair of running shoes, my Women’s ASICS GT that I adore. I haven’t gotten a single blister from, but I did have to get a second pair after the 13th week of training.
3. My new love for running skirts. I used to think they were so girly and made fun of women who wore them, thought they were trying to be too cute or something. Well I was wrong they are not only cute, they are also soooo comfy!
4. My Garmin Forerunner 301. It’s not the new new one, but I think I like it better. It helps me pace myself and push myself, and let’s me know how many miles I have run which is a necessity when your on a 20mile run.
5. Hammer Nutrtion I wouldn’t take anything else. I use there Heed sports drink for my long runs (mild melon is my fave).The gels are just as good to, to pump me up on a long run. “HAMMER GEL is an easily digested, concentrated source of complex carbohydrates with four amino acids added to enhance performance and prolong energy levels during intense training and competition. HAMMER GEL has a syrup-like consistency that mixes easily with water if so desired. ”
7. My water bottle, I never used to carry one. Now that I am wiser, I know better and take one on all my runs, this one is my favorite
8. A great plan, never thought I would try and run a 3:30 marathon. When you have the plan it’s a little easier, it’s not easy just nice and convenient.
9. My wonderful Ipod Nano that gets me through those long runs. There is something about music that gets my butt moving!
10. Last but certainly not least my hubby. He has been so encouraging through all of my training. Doing drop offs, taking us to races, waking up early to make my coffee, and just being my number one fan! I love this man:)