I have always been so afraid of cooking a whole chicken, until NOW!
When my best friend D told me how easy it was to make and how whole chickens were on sale at the market, I decided to give it a shot!
I think the worst part was sticking my hand in places it shouldn’t be and pulling out the innards..YUCK! But it was EASY and delicious and now will be a weekly meal for sure! The Beer really makes the chicken super moist! Plus leftovers are so easy to use for other things too.
BEER CAN CHICKEN
- 1 whole chicken ($3.96)
- 1/2 can of beer
- poultry seasoning
1. Wash the chicken and pull innards out.
2. Rub the seasoning all over the chicken.
3. Place beer can inside of chicken and stand upright.
4. Stand chicken upright on the grill, indirectly on the heat. I just turned on the backburner. You don’t want the fire to be under the chicken, it will burn if you do this.
5. Cover and cook for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
6. ENJOY! It is the moistest chicken I have ever sank my teeth into!
Question: Have you ever cooked a whole chicken before? If so what is your favorite way to cook it?