Happy Monday Friends!
I hope you all had a beautiful weekend with your Mammas! We sure did. But first we celebrated Cinco De Mayo a little late 😉 Better LATE then never.
I have been dying to make some REAL Enchiladas! You all are going to LOVE this recipe.
Real Food Enchilada Casserole
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breast (about 2 breasts)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (4.5-ounce) cans diced green chiles, undrained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (whatever size you want) of olives, drained
- 2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 18 Corn Tortillas (Got mine at Whole Foods)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheese, divided
- 1 can of Chile Verde Salsa
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350Â°.
Step 2: Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in chicken, garlic, chiles, and tomatoes. Reduce heat, and simmer 7 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Set aside.
Step 3: Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spread a little salsa on the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
Step 4: Next lay down 6 corn tortillas.
Step 5: Layer tortillas with meat mixture and olives.
Step 6: Top with 1/3 of the cheese.
Step 7: Repeat layers, salsa, tortillas, meat mixture, more cheese, and then tortillas. Then top the final layer with salsa and the rest of the cheese.
Step 8: Bake at 350Â° for 25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Remove from oven.
We invited over some friends and family to enjoy these delicious enchiladas with :)
Susie brought Taquitos!
I made a Tex-Mex Salad! Lettuce, cheese, a little baked tortillas and salsa.
Susie also brought over her famous Guac! Must get the recipe.
I could have eaten the whole bowl ;) I resisted promise!
We also had pinto + black beans.
For the kiddos fresh cherry limeade. Purchased from Fresh and Easy.
For the adults we had Strawberry Banana Margaritas!
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and sliced
- 4 1/2 ounces (1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon) tequila
- 1 1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) triple sec
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup crushed ice
Place strawberries and banana slices on a plate and freeze at least 1 hour. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth but still very thick. Pour into chilled margarita or other stemmed glasses.
Oh the FUN!
Question: Did you celebrate Cino De Mayo? What did you make?