When the Hubby and I were in Maui, we had some of the best FISH along with other fun things!
When looking at the menu, I always ordered something I had never tried before and the one thing I remember the most were the Coconut Shrimp Patties! I was determined to make them when we got home and try and healthify them!
So I looked up a few different recipes and came up with my own
Coconut Shrimp Patties
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- chopped green onions (optional)
- 3/4 -cup shredded coconut (use sweetened or add sweetener if you like it sweeter)
- 2 egg whites or one Egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut flour or you could just use more shredded coconut
- 2 tbs virgin coconut oil for frying
1.Cut off tails of the shrimp and place in a food processor.
2. Pulse the shrimp until they are in tiny pieces, almost like mush.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the egg or egg whites.
4. Add the shrimp, coconut, green onionsÂ and salt to the eggs and combine
5. Form the batter into 8 patties about 1/2 inch thick and roll into the coconut flour or coconut.
6. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large skillet over medium heat
7. Add four patties to the skillet and cook about 4-5 minutes per side
8. Add the other tbsp of oil to the pan and cook the remaining 4 patties
Top with a fruit salsa of your choice! Or you could make a homemade Mango Salsa!
Question: Have you ever had a Shrimp Pattie?
P.S. I FORGOT TO ANNOUNCE THE WINNER TO My AWESOME WEIGHT WATCHER SCALE. I know I am horrible!!!! Letâ€™s give a round of applause to the lucky winnerâ€¦is STEPHANIE WALTER!!! Please send me your address at nhershoes at gmail dot com! THANKS!