So last night I had to make a hard decision, I decided to take a break from my Wednesday night Womenâ€™s study. I love my girls, but now that I have started school life is jammed pack! Monday nights I teach AKB, Tuesday nights, hubby has softball, Wednesday nights (was woman’s study), Thursday nights, couples group, and Friday nights gym. Hubby and I NEED a date night, and it is very important for us to spend quality time together. So our new date night is now Wednesday.
So last night I made us some supper (thatâ€™s the Southern women coming out). I tried some Spanish Lentils with vegetables from Tjâ€™s. I took some of the leftover Pollo Asado from last night and added it to the top.
WOW another great healthy find! It was so good, I love the peppers and spices that were baked right in. It was so quick and easy, and I am sure we will be having this again for sure.
A little nutritional information about Lentils
like you didnâ€™t know.
Since lentils contain a large amount of fiber, they are effective in lowering cholesterol and managing blood sugar disorders. Like common beans, the high fiber in lentils prevents blood sugar levels from rising rapidly after a meal. Studies have shown that eating beans or lentils two or more times per week was linked with a 24 percent reduced risk of beast cancer.
We then sat around and watched Biggest Loser(recorded), and hubby got mad that Joelle didn’t get kicked off as did I!!!! lol
Today is my off day from running, so I woke up at 6:30 to get started on my day and did Jillian’s 30 Shred Video, and then some 20 minute YogaDownload, I am loving both of these so much, my plan is to do both twice a week. I am thinking Tuesdayâ€™s and Thursday mornings will work the best.
For those of you interested in Jillian’s 30 Day Shred video let me give you a brief overview of what itâ€™s all about:
I really like her video because it mixes it up ( which we all know is the best way to burn fat). I have done a lot of exercise videos and by far this is one of the toughest!!!! I am using some heavier weights, and I feel like I am pushing myself all the way through trying not to quit! Itâ€™s worth the $8!!!
There are 3 interval style workouts. Each twenty minute workout includes:
- one 2 minute warm-up
- three 6 minute circuits featuring Jillianâ€™s 3, 2, 1 interval system which includes: 3 minutes of strength training, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of abs
one 2 minute cool down
All the levels include the same components (warmup, interval circuit, abs, cooldown) with each component varying in difficulty.
I am on Level 1strength:
- squats with shoulder press
- lunges with bicep curl
- chest flyes
- side lunges
HER MORNING EATS
Last night I was dreaming of a big bowl of warm Pumpkin Oats, couldnâ€™t wait to make them this morning.
- 3/4 cup oats, 1/2 c water.1/2 c soy milk, 1/2 banana,
- 1/4 c pumpkin
- 1 tbsp flax seed
- a little brown sugar, and some pumpkin spices
- 1/4 Natures Path Optimum Peanut Butter Bar
- Drizzle of Cran-Apple Butter
- Spoonful of Barney Butter!
HER THINGS TO TALK ABOUT: DEALS
- SkirtSports is making it easy to show your support by offering nearly a dozen items at 50% OFF from now until Sunday, January 25th.
- One of my favorite smoothie places Jamba Juice is not offering OATMEAL( thanks RunEatRepeat for the heads up).
- How about some FREE tea samples!!! That’s right free, check out Yogi Teas!
- DUNKIN DONUTS FREE SAMPLES!! I have been wanting to try Dunkinâ€™ Donut Coffee I have heard great things about it.
Do you guys know of any free-bees out there this week!!!!
Almost FRIDAY!!! Which means school for me, but I am excited! Today I have work, then Thursday night study, then SLEEP! I canâ€™t believe the week is almost over, which means only 12 more weeks till BOSTON!
Have a great Thursday PEEPS!