Made it through 5 days of the Crazy Sexy Vegan Challenge! The detox from coffee was rough, but I am pretty sure I am through the worst of it. Not gonna lie, it was harder this time to quit coffee because I was drinking it about 3 times a day! When I get off the challenge I will stick to once or twice a week!
This week my highlighted recipe was super simple and I had everything in my pantry! I was so excited to use my new Dutch Oven!
Kale, Sweet Potato, and Bean Soup
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 3-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white kidneyÂ or cannellini beans,Â rinsed and drained
- 1 large sweet potatoe, peeled and cubed
- 5 cups chopped fresh kale
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes drained (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, sautÃ© onion, EVOO, celery, andÂ Italian seasoning in oil until onion is tender.
- Stir in the broth, beans, sweet potatoes, tomatoes and kale. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover for 20 minutes.Â Stir in the garlic, salt and pepper. Simmer 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
HELLO LEFTOVERS! This was amazing! I enjoyed it in my new mug Matt made me for Christmas.
Time to pack up all the Christmas dÃ©cor and then go play!
Question: When do you take your Christmas decorations down?
May 15, 2013 at 11:57 am
January 7, 2013 at 2:59 pm
Your soup looks amazing! I’m putting it on the list to make.
I used to leave my decorations up until MLK weekend. Now I don’t get that off anymore but I do get the week after Christmas off. So they come down that week. I had a friend who didn’t take hers down until Valentine’s Day. That’s a bit too long but it took her a month to decorate because of all the stuff she had.
January 5, 2013 at 10:32 pm
This looks so good. I think I am going to do a version of this with black beans.
January 5, 2013 at 5:03 pm
I love kale soup… I already took mine down this year, so sad…I usually dont take them down until the end of Jan haha