Made it through 5 days of the Crazy Sexy Vegan Challenge! The detox from coffee was rough, but I am pretty sure I am through the worst of it. Not gonna lie, it was harder this time to quit coffee because I was drinking it about 3 times a day! When I get off the challenge I will stick to once or twice a week!
This week my highlighted recipe was super simple and I had everything in my pantry! I was so excited to use my new Dutch Oven!
Kale, Sweet Potato, and Bean Soup
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 3-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white kidneyÂ or cannellini beans,Â rinsed and drained
- 1 large sweet potatoe, peeled and cubed
- 5 cups chopped fresh kale
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes drained (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, sautÃ© onion, EVOO, celery, andÂ Italian seasoning in oil until onion is tender.
- Stir in the broth, beans, sweet potatoes, tomatoes and kale. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover for 20 minutes.Â Stir in the garlic, salt and pepper. Simmer 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
HELLO LEFTOVERS! This was amazing! I enjoyed it in my new mug Matt made me for Christmas.
Time to pack up all the Christmas dÃ©cor and then go play!
Question: When do you take your Christmas decorations down?