It’s that time a year again, to reflect and set some fun goals! Let’s look back at the goals that I set for 2013.
- Start the year of with a little Adventure Cleanse, the Crazy Sexy Vegan Challenge! I just need to get rid of all the sugar and junk that I enjoyed this holiday season! (did it twice)
- Get through my new book, The New Rules of Lifting for Women! (finished it loved it)
- Do one marathon and one triathlon or century this year! (well I ran 3 half marathons, 1 marathon and did one Olympic tri )
- Organize all of our adventures into books and make them Year Books. (Didn’t happen)
- Organize all photos and music on hard drive. (Did a little not all)
- Only post to Instagram twice a day! (ya that was a horrible goal! lol)
- Organize all JUNK drawers in our house.
- Make kitchen cabinets more functional.
- Turn bobbimccormick.com into nhershoes.com
- Post three QUALITY blog posts a week, about Food, Fitness, and Lifestyle! (Hmm I am not sure quality would be the right word, but I feel pretty good about what I could post)
- Lay down nice flooring in laundry room. (this year we will make this happen)
- Start a women’s study at my house that meets once a week. (did this and loved it! We called it Soul Sisters)
- Volunteer for a cause at least three times this year. (didn’t get in three!)
- Read scripture everyday. (mostly)
- Send one letter/card out a month. Handwritten notes are such a beautiful thing. (I started off well but finished lousy)
- Do one random act of kindness everyday! (need to work on this)
- Pray with my Husband every night. (failed miserably)
NEW GOALS FOR 2014:
As I sit back and reflect (fun year in review post to come) on what has taken place this year, I am in aw. Yes, I became a mom, left my full time job to do what I love, ran a few races, but more then all of that I have truly fell in love with the word of God all over again. I think the adoption helped with a lot of that. I feel like I have a glimpse in to what God’s grace truly looks like and I can’t help but truly be mind blown by it all.
This year I am not setting any major goals (I have a few but I won’t bore you with them), but instead I am choosing a word for the year. My word for 2014 is….
There are like a million things on my bucket list that I want to do and see this year as well as goals that I want to set, but instead I am handing all of my plans over to the Lord and letting things just happen. Yes, I will work hard and surrender daily (and of course make plans)…but in the end I will be SLOW to worry, to listen, to become fearful, to be frustrated, to get things over with…I want to just BE! I want to slow down and soak up every minute with my family and friends, to truly be present. Living in a place like Southern California doesn’t make this easy, but with God’s grace I am going to give it a shot.
Question: Are you making any New Years goals/resolutions? How about a word for the year?