We have lived in our house for almost three years now and I have yet to really “use” my desk in the wet room. It’s a really nice sizeÂ builtÂ in desk, but there is something about working in the laundry room that screams mess to me! Personally, I find decluttering to be a natural part of the â€˜giving upâ€™ process so I have been trying my best to only buy and use things that are absolutely necessary â€“ and yes, I do occasionally slip up.
So I have decided to de-clutter a little corner in the living room and put in a new clean desk. The desk was only about $70 Â from Target! I love that it’s in our living room because it is a lot more accessible. I work from my laptop almost 100% of the time so this desk works perfect.
I also have my magazines that give me a ton of inspiration real close by.
There is always Pandora on this office 🙂
A Â festive candle.
A few pens and scissors in my favorite mug from our honeymoon in Kauai!
There is also aÂ spaciousÂ drawer for a few of my favorite items.
Now I have a peaceful place to blog away!!
5 Tips to Creating a Peaceful Workspace
1. Wipe the slate clean: Find a space in your home that is clear of clutter. Clear off your desk and make room for just the necessities.
2. Use your senses: A candle can really help change your mood fromÂ stressfulÂ to peaceful. Choose a candle that makes you happy. I chose Cinnamon Pecan, because fresh baked pie puts a huge smile on my face.
3. Keep it simple: You don’t need a big bulky desk a small desk will do just the trick and you will free from clutter!
4. Â Your view: If possible put your desk near a window to help you feel more open and not stuck inside. There is nothing like looking outside and enjoying nature while sipping on a hot cup of tea typing away. There are windows all throughout my living room I have a chance to look out.
5. Only what’s needed: Get rid of files and papers that you don’t need on a daily bases. Make sure to keep a simple desk. You don’t need 50 pens and pencils just a few will do.
Question: What is a space in your house that you would love to de-clutter?
Is there a space that you have done? If so I would love to post about it! email me 🙂