Tossed and turned all last night coughing my HEAD off!!!!
So when I finally crawled out I emailed my boss letting him know that I am keeping my "cooties" at home! I hate it when people walk in to work sick, I want people to say HEALTHY and when you work in close quarters one sneeze, one cough, one wrong nose blow, and who knows how many people you have infected! So today I am staying home sick 🙁 I think and pray it’s just a bad cold..crossing fingers.
I went straight to the juicer!!
In the Mix
- 2 small oranges
- 1/2 lemon
- pink lady apple
That is a serious JAR of JUICE!!!
I drank the WHOLE thing 🙂
I found these great cold tips over at LearningHerbs.com:
- Rest! Most of the time, if I take the day off, my cold gets kicked. When I feel it coming, I basically go to sleep in addition to the rest of the steps below. When I do all these steps right away, over 90% of the time, I donâ€™t get the cold. I know you might be thinking, â€œWell, Iâ€™m busy. I canâ€™t just stop and rest!â€ Well, if you donâ€™t, youâ€™ll most likely get the cold and have to take off even more days.
For cold and flu prevention, make sure you manage your stress and laugh a lot! Stress impairs white blood cell function. Laughter enchances immune function.
- Eat Well You donâ€™t feel like eating when you have a cold? Neither do I. But what I do eat is organic chicken broth with miso. Click here to read about my simple, natural cold cure soup recipe. If you are practicing cold prevention (in other words, you want to eat healthy to stay healthy), then make sure you eat a diet consisiting of whole foods, such as grains, vegetables, meat, and fruits. It’s best if your food sources are local and organic. Avoid processed foods and food with artificial ingredients.
- Garlic Yes. Garlic. Click here to read more about garlic and how I use it as an essential part of my natural cold and flu cure.
- My â€œSpecial-Tea.â€ And this tea is my specialty. Most likely, you have the ingredients in your kitchen. Click here for the free recipe. I drink this when I have the flu as well.
- Echinacea. I know you have all heard of this herb. Did you know it’s a great remedy for strep throat? Despite the recent governement study, does it really work?Click here to find out and learn how to us it as well as HOW NOT to use it.
- I bundle up. Iâ€™ll wear a turtle neck shirt to keep my neck covered, and put on my favorite sweats. Often Iâ€™ll put on a ski cap as well to keep my body heat in. This is especially important if you have the flu.
- Stay off drugs, sugar, and dairy! What? I DO NOT mean any medications your doctor has you on. Stay ON those. Stay off over the counter cold remedies, as well as other legal (and illegal) drugs, such as caffeine and nicotine. Smoking and coffee are well known to severely impair your immune system.
Also, cut out sugar and other processed foods as much as you possibly can. And finally, cut out dairy on all levels. Milk, cheese and other dairy products are mucous enhancing and stuff you up even more.
- If my I get a stuffy nose, I no doubt make my simple stuffy nose remedy. You probably have this ingredient in your cupboard already. Click here to learn about my favorite stuffy nose cure.
Todayâ€™s Love Dare
"Do something out of the ordinary today for your spouse — something that proves (to you and to them) that your love is based on your choice and nothing else. Wash her car. Clean the kitchen. Buy his favorite dessert. Fold the laundry. Demonstrate love to them for the sheer joy of being their partner in marriage."
Do you ever take sick days? Or do you just go to work no matter what?
I understand not everyone get’s sick days for their job, so you have no other choice 🙁