I thought it would be nice to write a post about what life has been like since I have decided to take a break from training for another Marathon. I have come up with a list of the pros and cons, as it hasnâ€™t been easy even though itâ€™s been nice.
Â Let us start with the Cons
- Not being able to eat those 500 extra calories because I am burning energy like nobodyâ€™s business.
- Morning runs!!!
- Training with my running buddies.
- Having a goal in mind.
- Getting excited about the race!
Now letâ€™s talk about the Pros
- Not having to get up at the CRACK of dawn to run!!
- Not being sore the week after a long run.
- Being able to hit the gym and Hot Yoga.
- Not stressing about getting in a long run on the weekends.
- Enjoying my Saturday nightâ€™s with my Hubby.
- Running for FUN!
- Taking Bosco for long walks
- Working out at home
- Not spending an arm and a leg for a racing fee.
- Being able to take a day off or two and itâ€™s ok.
So overall trainingÂ has beenÂ missed, but the time off has been just as good!!!!
I am gearing up for a Healthy Thanksging week of a little of everything..
Monday: An hour and a Half of Hot Yoga
Tuesday: 5 mile run + KB
Saturday: Hitting the GYM for a bootcamp (my own).
Question: What are some pros and cons of training for you?